Friday, February 12, 2010

taking a break

Dear fellow Bloggers:
I have decided that i'm going to take a break. Sorry! =( Nothing's wrong it's just that 1) I've been reading ALOT of books, in the past 2 weeks i've read 7 1/2 books FOR FUN! on top of that i've been reading for class and for the infant development. usually that wouldn't stop me but i have been FEELING completely uninspired. It;'s as if the wick of the candle within the heart of my creativity is full of wax and flame only catches every now and then. I can't even write which is completely unheard of for me. I even tried that exercise where you make a story of the things around you. I couldn't do that. I can't draw anything worth while, I can't even look at paint, i haven't opened a notebook, not even for class, becasue i have nothing to write in it, nothing to doodle.
I was robbed of my mojo and i have no idea who took it. Last nite was the longest time i had the creative engines working at all and i feel it was only becasue i was sleep deprived, with a GREAT girlfriend, and watched a sappy movie (Valentine's Day).
I'm sorry that i haven't read any of your posts, but i can't bring myself to read them and not leave comments and if i leave comments they'll be half-assed becasue i won't be able to think of anything funny enough or witty enough or nice enough. Please forgive me.
I promise you all that I WILL find the thing that took my mojo and I will make it suffer for depriving me of the only thing i know how to do that makes me feel like me.

Sincerely,
ME wilting away in the corner devoid of light.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:o(

Sorry to hear that you've lost your mojo! I hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself!

kathryn said...

Oh, sweetie! I've just come looking for you...I've missed you!

#1: You're about the 15th person who's written about "losing her mojo." Are they all together on vacation, or what? It's no fun writing if you're not feeling it...we all understand that.

#2: PLEASE don't feel like if you can't leave something witty, you shouldn't comment at all! Some of the greatest comments I've ever gotten were from ppl who just said "This was great!", or "You always turn out the BEST posts", or whatever. I know that for ME, I'm not looking for comic relief when ppl comment....it's just a way to stay connected.

That said, I understand the need for a break. I've lost time due to family stuff and I'm having a hell of a time catching up...and the whole time I feel like I'm letting ppl down, which is never my intent. Sometimes,this social stuff is HARD!

Take the pressure off, sweetie...take care of your beautiful family and your work and your school. You've got a lot on your plate. Come back when you WANT to.

We'll be here.