Thursday, May 13, 2010

Congratulations to me

I DID it!!!! I graduated from college with a degree in Psychology and a minor (which means nothing) in Religion. This si the biggest accomplishment I've ever done in my life. I know that this graduation means just as little as the high school one becasue I only have more schooling to go, but everything considered I did it!

I remember at the end of freshmen year I got pregnant and everyone would tell me, "It's ok. You don't have to finish on time because you are the woman. Don't worry about school." Some people even told me, "Because you are a woman, you don't even need school." Wow, right? Well, i LOVE to prove people wrong, to show where they can stick their lack of confidence in me.

In celebration of my accomplishment I bought the FIU college ring. I know I'm a nerd. However, I bought to show my daughter that she can do anything she wants to do. Because of that ring she has NO reason not to accomplish her dreams, and she definitely has no reason not to finish college on time. Lol. My poor daughter, she really does have no excuse, becasue if I was able to do it in 4 years while raising a child with a 3.4 GPA I think she can do it too.

I hope when she gets older she'll be able to appreciate everything i've done for her. Because even though I did this to prove people wrong to get my degree, I ultimately did it for her. To provide a better life for her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations KT!!! What an amazing accomplishment! You are a wonderful mom, and a great person. :o) *hugs*