Sunday, May 30, 2010

Law Abiding Citizen

I finally finished watching the movie Law Abiding Citizen with Gerard Butler and Jemie Foxx. The basic idea about this movie is that Butler's character wants to teach the justice system about justice, because his family was raped and murdered and the murderer was only charged with 3rd degree murder and walked away after spending only a few months in prison. The DA, Jamie Foxx, was the one who made this deal because he didn't want to mess up his numbers at the time. He goes about doing so in the most gory and awful ways. He kills off several people, and is playing with Foxx's character.

Towards the end Foxx asks Butler, "Do you think your wife and daughter would feel good about you killing in their name?" I may be biased because I know for fact that if this ever happened to my Dad's family he would do exactly what Butler's character did except worse. But I think that has a daughter and wife and mother I would be proud of my Dad if he took action into his own hands, especially if the government which is here to protect it's "Law Abiding Citizens" didn't do that.

I'm not a violent person, and I'm that type to dislike wars and death row and what not. But I do understand that every act that people commit is personal. My Dad is a just man and extremely loving and protective of his family. If he was left incapacitated and had to watch his entire family be raped and murdered I would expect nothing less of him.

And it is because of this that I will forever respect and love my Dad, and know that he will always be there for me. Probably even in death.

No comments: