Saturday, March 6, 2010

Once upon a time there lived a little girl who decided that maybe what she was setting out to do was not the right thing. She began to get very sick and depressed. No matter how much wine or other forms of hard liquor, she couldn't get her head straight....

Ok, I'm just kidding. I'm not that little girl. But I have been wondering how sure I am about the path I'm on. I'm graduating in 7 weeks with a BA in Psychology and a Minor in Religion. I am more than a little nervous. I don't know why, but I am scared CACALESS about this whole graduation thing. I have major senioritis and I'm really terrified of not being accepted into the grad program I'm apllying in a month. What if they DON'T accept me? That's a little nerve-wrecking especially considering that I think this grad program. The way I've gotten through most things is that I just tell myself "What happens...happens. And they happen for a reason". I hate this whole waiting game. I'm not very good with patience. I deal better with the now and the pressure of deadlines and what not. I think that's why I want to go postdoctorate. I know funny, right? considering since I've barely finished my undergrad. I can see myself, though, going back to school after everything and maybe even becoming a professor.

Sorry about the babbling, but this is how my head has been lately, actually a little worse conisdering i think about 100 other things.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*hugs*

I don't know what to tell you... I wish I had a good answer for you.

My head is very muddled these days too and I have stress and it's sort of the same - I'm borrowing trouble because I don't even know if what I'm stressed about is going to happen. How silly right?

*sigh*

Hope you/we feel better soon!

kathryn said...

Sweetie...so much of our fear is the fear of the unknown. The unfamiliar...and you can KILL YOURSELF with the "what ifs"....try really hard NOT TO.

Whatever's gonna happen...will happen. Whether you go nuts worrying about it...or not.

Same end result. Right?

KT said...

Krista: I hope you feel better as well. Even if you didn't give me advice, just the fact that you're sort of in the same boat helps me a very selfish way. =P

Kathryn: I know, I know! lol...you're just like my mom by giving me the REAL advice. jajaja. I know that in the end everything will work out becasue it always does. But I'm a closet masochist and pessimist so sometimes I wish for bad things to happen to make life exciting. and then as soon as I wish it I freak out becasue then what if God actually listens to me. lol. It's a very vicious game my mind likes to play to my heart.