Tuesday, March 2, 2010

oh selfish heart

oh! the spells of love
how they twist and twine
and stab our hearts.

the agony
the bliss
the wind that sweeps
our hearts
up and about.

the feeling of no
solid gorund.
the despair of crashing into it.

Why do hearts
fall into another?
So quickly?
So thoroughly?

For this reason
my love,
my heart, shall always be yours.
Now and forever
for if we were
to part
it'd come back to me
wounded,
bloody,
and batter.

For my heart's
sake.
I shall always love
you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*sigh*

This is beautiful.

It makes me think "if only..." and I usually banish that thought as soon as I think it...

kathryn said...

Oh, this was just lovely!

A fabulous perspective on the power of love.

I love it!

KT said...

Penny...Krista??: lol...I'm not sure if my poem was a good thing for you then. But thank you for saying it's beautiful.

Kathryn: Thank you. I was watching a movie Bright star and I had just reading two books on love that were pretty intense so I was feeling it.
Funny thing is that both my hubby and mom absolutely loved this poem and they don't usually like my poetry becasue they don't get it.