Wednesday, September 2, 2009

llaziness is definitely a virtue

Right now I am sitting in the computer lab of Green Library of FIU. I could take this free time that I have to study and take some online quizzes, but I believe laziness is a virtue. So here I am trying to think of things to do or read to waste time while I wait for my husband to get off work for lunch. I know I threw you off at "laziness is a virtue", but I truly believe it is. To use better words I think laziness is a privilege. I think anyone can really argue with me there. I think if you can afford to be lazy then something must be going right in your life. You don't have anything of importance, deadlines, appointments, meetings, (and any other synonym of those words), then you can truly be guilt-free LAZY.
I've been working to get my BA in psychology for 4 years. It's been non-stop, including summers. Before school started in the fall I had my first "real summer" since I had the babe. It was the most blissful 2 weeks of my life, so far. I was bored, but I was content. I was able to read what I wanted without feeling the need to put it down and do some schoolwork. I was able to not read if I chose. I was able to pay full attention to the babe, and not have to neglect while I work on a deadline that I somehow missed. It felt so incredibly relaxing to just do nothing. I didn't clean the house very much (I know, gross, but it wasn't that bad). The only thing I did was cook, but fortunately I like cooking.
I was content to have those 2 lazy weeks. They'll probably the last lazy weeks of my life, because I'm graduating in April, and from there it's only WORK WORK WORK, right? BTW, Xmas doesn't count as being a time for laziness, because of all the family time, and wrapping of presents, and buying the presents.

BTW I know laziness is something like Sloth, but it's not. Sloth is when you don't use your gifts and talents in a productive manner that may be helpful to others. Laziness, on the another, is just an aversion to work. being lazy for a little while, doesn't deprive anyone from your marvelous gifts and talents.

No comments: