Wednesday, September 30, 2009

what to talk about?

I have so much on my mind right now that i have no idea what to say. i can talk about the two books I'm reading for pleasure; Dracula and Twilight. Then again I don't want to talk about drinking blood because I feel as if I've spoken enough about it 9maybe not on this blog) and I'm a little sad that A) I don't have either books with me right now and B) Season 2 for True blood has finished. (what am I going to do til June???).
Anyways, i could also talk about the unfairness of professors, but I am honestly not in the mood to rant about poor grades and prof's power trips.
I could also talk about how my education psych prof refers to African-American's as the ultimate minority race. There's 3 in my class, or there's 3 Blacks, I think one is Haitian. Anyhoo, All three of them give such hateful stares and probably contemplate murder. Just like the rest of us Hispanic do when she mentions our growing numbers, but yet, we're still a minority. I love this prof, but sometimes it's so hard to be politically correct, when you really can't be politically correct to teach a class correctly. I could talk about that, but won't.
i could also talk about how I dropped off my daughter this morning at daycare and she was actually excited to go. How yesterday she got mad at me because she didn't go to school. But I definitely won't talk about that because then I'll just cry my eyes out because she's growing up so fast. maybe I should have another kid to replace my need of being needed.
I think I'm just going to invent a story today. Here it goes.
Once upon a time (Yes, it's going to be one of those stories).
Once upon a time, there lived a dyed-red hair gal, with hazel eyes that look more like a poopy brown today. The fake red haired beauty is sitting in front of a computer screen when she realized she forget to put shoes on. "Oh my goodness, I forgot to put shoes on", she yelled out loud. You would think everyone in her vicinity turned to stare a t her feet, but no one cared. The red haired beauty didn't seem to notice this at time for she jumped up and ran towards her car (which was a long way from where she was sitting). She ran past park car after parked car. She jumped over fallen trees, beat against the wind, sloshed through the snow. Ok, there was no snow, but she went through many obstacles to get to her Scion xB.
Finally, after what seemed like forever she reach her beautiful wine colored Scion xB named Stacey. She patted Stacey affectionately and said, "Oh Stacey. I forgot my shoes today." She jumped in and found her shoes waiting for on the driver's seat.
She thought, i must have taken them off when I was painting my toenails and forgot to put them on. . Happily, she went back to that computer screen to finish writing whatever it was she was writing. When she entered the computer lab however, everyone turned to stare at her feet. They all started snickering and pointing and saying things like, "Oh my goodness, what is she wearing. What are those atrocities?" She looked at her feet confused and wondered what they were talking about. Then she stared at their feet to see what they were wearing and realized that no one was wearing any shoes. she said, "Haven't you people forgotten to put shoes on today?" one brave soul responded, "What are shoes? Those nasty things you have on your feet? Do you not know that covering up your feet is bad for you soul?"
The dyed red haired beauty looked back down at her feet and look befuddled. She pondered the brave soul's statement and decided he was right. She bent down, took off her shoes and tossed them into the recycling bin. Everyone clapped in the computer lab and all was well for carpeted floors and cleaning ladies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...I love the slight randomness of this post. I have so much on my mind but don't know where to start half the time so I'm surprise that I actually make sense. Cute story btw. (:

kathryn said...

HA! You're the second person today to talk about shoes! I love the way you kept saying "I COULD talk about that, but I won't"!
Don't be sad about daughter liking school...you'd feel much worse if she dreaded it.

KT said...

Insanity: I feel the way most of the time too. I'm surprised anyone understood this post, I wrote it because I needed to look busy. jajaj

Kathryn: My shoes were really bugging me today, but I wasn't home to take them off. So I lived vicariously though my story. ;) I know i'd feel much worse if she hated it, but at least i'd know it's because she likes me more. I'm really selfish when it comes to her. So much learning needs to be done as she gets older. =P

katy said...

I like any story that contains the word "befuddled!"

"Ultimate minority race?!?!"

KT said...

Katy: I know. I'm shocked they don't sock her or something. she means well i think, but she is 70 and forgets she needs to use tact, but whatever I think most of the class just ignores those little comments.
I love the word befuddled, it's sooo befitting. ;)