Saturday, January 30, 2010

inspired

I read somewhere that now-a-days we expect too much of our spouses. Before it used to be that we, women, only expected our husbands to feed us, provide us with safety, and make sure we have a roof over our head. Now we expect them to love us, respect us, indulge us and INSPIRE us. Maybe this is asking for too much, but what it you married someone without any expectations and they manage to do all this all on their own?
I never saw my hubby as someone who would inspire. He's extremely down to earth, and his major is engineering. He doesn't read, and reads and watches the news for fun. With good news he doesn't show much emotion. He is extremely sensitive, but I think it's more becasue his mom babied him since he was the last one and so much younger than his older brothers. You can't get anyone more nonexpressive than him. Which is fine to me, trust me. But really, could you find him inspiring?
Well, I couldn't and I was honestly shocked the other day when he gave me such a good idea for a poem. He said something that made me want to express it creatively. He inspired me.
Well, here's the poem:

Even the sun fades

the flowers wilt
the trees burn
lightening strike.
Even the sun fades.

little critters die
buildings collapse.
even the sun fades,
but my love for you never will.

Even the sun fades,
but my love never will.

The sunrises ever morning
and it sets every night.
The birds chirp in greeting
just as I'll always love you

Caterpillars turn into butterflies
and chameleons change colors.
Even the sun fades...
but I will always love you.

Here's another poem that my coworker inspired in me becasue she was yelling to the office that she has no time even though she has 36 hour days.

SPLIT

How do i splity myself?
a mother
a wife
a daughter.
How do I split myself?

I dedicated myself
I learn how to manage time,
how to juggle,
how to grow more arms.
But how do i split myself?

24 hours isn't enough
for I work 36 hour days.
Please tell me
for I am begging you...
How do i split myself?

3 comments:

Kate said...

I actually really like these two together - its like split seems to follow on.

Kate xx
http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely. My hubby's an engineer, too. And, sometimes they can surprise and inspire us!

KT said...

Kate: Thank you!

suzicate: Isn't that the best though? You don't expect it from someone and then they just surprise you. Thanks. =D