Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The owl, elephant and sister Banana Peanut-butter towers.



Sitting on the ground
listening to the wise owl sing.
A song of despair, beauty, and romance.
A song that can ring.
It rings across the lands,
over the hills
and right through a river.




I'm sitting on the ground
confessing to a loyal elephant.
I'm confessing my affairs, my triumphs and sins.
I'm confessing all that I am and who I've been since an infant.






Sitting on the ground
being nourished by sister towers.
Sisters towers made up of bananas and peanut-butter.
Sister towers that have magical powers.




I'm sitting on the ground
a nice soft, squishy brown ground.
Digging my toes in the enriched soil
Feel the breeze on my face
Smelling the flowers,
and listening to the birds.
I'm sitting on this ground with
the wise owl,
the loyal elephant,
and my two sister banana peanut-butter towers.
I'm sitting on the ground.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Oh, this has a child's perspective written all over it.

I love it!

It's so sweet...and innocent...and full of the simplest of pleasures...

Love those pb and banana towers!

KT said...

Thank you! It took me FOREVER to write it, but I knew I had to write a poem about those three things. And That's exactly what I wanted, something innocent, but in-depth it's not.
Thank you again. =D