Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Caged cont'd

We were almost out of harm's way when...
When two men jumped on the truck's bed and ordered to keep going.
i tried sending David and Tristan a text, but I was never able to see if it sent. One of the gunman reached his hand through the open windoe, yanked it out of my hands, and threw it at another car. I felt bad for the other car. I kept trying to sneak glances at helene, but she was too concentrated on the road with her knuckles almost cutting through her hands at "10 o'clock" and "2 o'clock".
"Doblase a la derecha", one of the gunman yelled. (turn right)
She did as told, but a little too fast. Both of the gunman were almost thrown out of the truck, but unfortunately, they held on. The gunman who grabbed my phone told Helene to stop. She tried to shake them off again, but they were more prepared this time. He jumped down and threw the driver's door open and grabbed Helene by the hair. He yanked her out by the fistful of hair he held and threw on the truck's bed with the other gunman. During all this Helene didn't even make a sound. I saw the determination in her face and found more respect for her. She was trying to not give the satisfaction of hearing her suffer. After all our talks she remembered that men like this only want power, and if you don't give it to them they crumble. Regretfully, they might be smarter than the average criminal and just laughed in her face. The gunman on the bed with her, spit in her face. Still trying to be determined she didn't wipe it off.
"Te vas a portar bien, verdad, cariño?" (you're going to behave, right, sweetie?) Gunman #1 said while rubbing his hand up and down my leg. I couldn't help the tears that started flowing down my face. All I could think about was how I've only been with one man and how proud i am of that fact. Now due to this egocentric, idiotic man I will forever be tainted. A white cloth stained with cheap wine. I just nodded at him so he could stop moving his hand upwards.
"Bueno. Todo 'ta bien, Ramón?" he shouted to Gunman #2. (is everything alright, Ramón?)
"Si," (yes) Gunman #2 said while stroking Helen's head and pushing towards it crouch, "Todo 'ta bien Señor Capitan Luis." (everything is alright Mr. Captain Luis)
I was trying to concentrate where we were heading, but Gunman #1 kept telling me to keep my eyes down.
After what seemed like a terribly long time we pulled into the parking lot of a desserted convenience store. No cars were parked in the front, and I think there wasn't anything in the back for there weren't any track marks. If we're the only car maybe Helen and I still have a chance!
Gunman #2 pushed Helene out of the truck's bed. He just left her there while he started towards the store. Gunman #1 was coming around to get me. As he was doing this I tried to give Helene the look. Hopefully she understood what I was trying to say. As Gunman #1 was opening the door I thrust it open and reach for the car keys. I slid over to the driver's seat, thrust the keys in ignition, and started the truck to life. I heard Helene jump back on the bed and I floored the accelerator. We were almost in the clear, again, when gunman #2 jumped on the bed and tried to throw Helene off the truck. Luckily, she brought him with her, but she couldn't make it back on the truck. I kept driving hoping something would change, but I realized I couldn't leave my friend.
I went back to the men and Helene and parked the truck in front of the store. I ran towards and Helene and held tightly in my arms, not caring what would happen next.
"Helene, I'm so sorry it didn;t work. Are you ok?"
"Kattie, why? Why would you come back?"
"I couldn't leave you. I had to come back and try to save you."
"You're so stupid, " she sobbed, "what about Serafina? What about David? You could've told Tristan about me. You're such an idiot." She sobbed.
I was hurt i didn't know what to say, but I try to ignore her negativity and said, "Serafina has more than enough people to take car of her and love her. You on the other hand, at this moment anyway, don't have anybody but me. I will save you." I whispered the last part in her ears so no one could listen.
In my rush to get to Helene I hadn't realized that there was a 3rd man standing just 3 feet away from us. When I looked up at him, Helen whispered, "He's going to kill us." Fear shot down my spine as if someone threw Alaskan cold water on my back. 

1 comment:

David said...

:( i really hope you finish the story, i wanna know how it ends...