Monday, October 5, 2009

a story




I have been having the most bizarre and dark dreams this past week. They look like indie films done by depressed artists. even the coloring of the dream transition from sepia to grayscale to muted colors. So, I've decied to share my most recent with you. Now don't judge me for this dream, and I have decided to stick to the real names. so, sorry friend if I have offended you by using your name. Enjoy or enjoy my style of writing if anything. BTW since the story is so long I'm cutting into parts. Haven't decided how many, but I'll tell you if a certain part is the last one.
WARNING: this dream has some conversation in Spanish. either look at the end for translations or skip the conversations entirely.

Caged

Ugh! What happened last night? Ow! My head hurts. My whole body hurts. Seriosuly, what did I do? What time is it? Oh my goodness I can't hear the monitor! Where's the the monitor? "babe", I croak groggily. why is my voice so hoarse? "Babe!" I try to say a little louder. Where is he? I can;'t see! "Babe!?" I sob. Memories started flooding bac into my temporal lobe. Shock. Oh no!

27 hours earlier.

Well, I'm back in Nicaragua. It is astounding how often I visit; two sometimes three times a year! I can't help coming back though. Unfortunately, I really enjoy being with my parents. I think it has to do with the fact that they're so young and also if i weren't their daughter, I'd probably be their friend. I say unfortunately because for two main reasons: 1. since I love them so much, it's hard to live away from them, which ties into the second reason. I travel so much because of it, and travelling costs money. som I'm back top Nicaragua for the third time this year. i cam for christmas and today is the 30th of December of the year 2010. I am 22 years old, still married, and Sera is turning 3 in 2 weeks.
tonight, I'm going out with a few girlfriends, including my Bestie, Helene. We haven't been abel to go out just us girls in a long time. So, Helene and I convinced the boys to go out. The men decided to go to a sports bar, while we are going to Sushi Itto. Since we all do love our men so much, we specifically chose a spot in the same area as the sport's bar.
since Helene and I have so much to catch up on we decided to get ready together. I had already kicked David out when she arrived so we can get ready like single girls in high school. We even did the same rituals as back then. Putting the radio on Radio Juvenil, getting ready in our underwear and singing along badly to the songs. The only difference between then and now is that my breasts are bigger and our lingerie is more expensive and fancy.
"I'm so ready for a night out minus the baby and David" I sighed in relief.
"I know. I mean I don't have a by, but I'm ready to celebrate a long awaited celebration."
"For reals. I still can;t believe you got accepted into UT in Austin for the master's program. All I know is that I better get in next year."
"You will. don't stress about too much. How great would it be for us to be living in the same place finally? I'm definitely going to continue praying that you get in."
"thanks, hon. I hope i get in too."
When we finished gettting ready, I went to my parent's room to tell them goodnight and gave Sera a kiss. Helene said goodbye as well, and then we were off.
BEEP BEEP
"Ugh, MJ says she can't make it. She just texted me saying so," I said.
"No biggie, there's still the other girls."
"I know, pero I have a feeling they're going to cancel. you know how MJ is."
"so what? then it's just you and me, Chela."
I laughed and nodded in agreement. It turned out my premonition was right. The rest of the girls cancelled and it ended up being just Helene and I.As we were being seated and waiting for our menus, I ask Helene, "So, how has your stay been?"
"Awful! I'm so bored, Chela! I really don't get how MJ and Thelma stayed here. I wouldn't have been able stay with my Mom all this time."
"Really? I would think it'd be a nice staycation."
"Pfft, yeah right. It'' not staying with my mom that bugs me so much I guess, it's the fact that nothing is ever open! First the swine flu closes down businesses and then these stupid Sandinistas raiding non stop. I mean aren't the Sandi's supposed to be reformed? Their are pink." she said while rolling her eyes.
I laughed, "Yah, so reformed and changed for the better," I said sarcastically, "I don't get why he's still sending out his minions or what not when he's finally gotten what he's wanted. What else does he want? World domination?"
"Good one,. I don't think he could handle it. Nah, I he wants to do away with democracy, so he's trying to win over the Nica 'congress; but they're not taking his crap."
"Good!"
"ehh, not so good. Because of that innocent are being murdered and women are being raped."
"That's awful. None of that is in the news."
"Why would they put that in the news? He's trying to be like Fidel and Chavez.
"Ugh. I hate politics, I don't see how you studied poli sci."
"I like it. You know how much I like to argue, and law isn;t for me. way too many tests."
I laugh out loud, "True that."
As we were finishing up our dinner and drinking Mango Margaritas I saw Nury.
"Nury! No puede ser!"
"Chela? Chela! Como stas? Que flaca!"
I blushed, "gracias. He estado correindo todos los dias y ahora soy vegetariana."
guau! Vegetariana? Pero que bueno, y..." He looked over and saw Helene, "Mi otra chela! Jajaja. Que algre que tengo mis dos chelas favoritas aqui!" He hugged affectionaely.
Helene laughed, "Ay, Nury! no has cambiado para nada!"
"Quieren conocer a mis esposa?"
"esposa?!" we said in unison.
He walked us over to a crowded section towards the back right corner of the restaurant. He called out, "Ziomara!" Helene and I exchanged a glance and mouthed, "Ziomara". The women who stepped out of the crowd in front of us, however, was not typical depiction of a Ziomara. She was short, but her presence made her seem so much taller. She had long dark hair in delicate yet tousled waves. she was white and had huge doe-like brown eyes. Nury was about to introduce us to his gorgeous wife when we heard a commotion coming from the front of the restaurant. I was going to ignore the interruption and continue to introduce myself when Helene leaned in and said in my ear, "Sandinistas. let's go!" I turned to stare at her horrified. She grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards her truck. We were almost completely out of harm's way when...TO BE CONTINUED!

3 comments:

David said...

NO! I wanna know what happens next!!! Hurry up babe!

kathryn said...

Wow! And this is all a DREAM?? How long were you sleeping? All day??
I think it's fab that you remember so much of your dreams...I can sometimes do that, but not often.
(This morning, I was having dinner with Clooney when my alarm went off.
Grrrrrrr.)

KT said...

David: be patient, geez!

Kathryn: The dream jumped around a lot and of course i;m adding details so that it makes sense to the reader, but yeah all this was my dream and more.
BTW i hate alarm clocks waking me, which is why i set one, but then take it off 5 min before it sends.