Wednesday, October 21, 2009

OMG like so bored!

You would think what with school and an almost two year old I'd be SUPER busy and running around all the time. NOT! I'm in my last year of school and have NOTHING to do. I'm not applying to Grad Schools until next year, so I don't have to worry about the GRE right now. I don't have to worry about deadlines either. But You would think college would give make my last year difficult, right? That they would try to squeeze all the patience out of me to see how much I can handle? Nope, nada, zip, nothing. Yeah I have essays, but as it's my last year, I do those in my sleep. (And I did actually and I got a 93. I know I'm smart.) Yeah, I still have exams, but for some reason the professors I have this semester feel the need to treat us like kindergartners. IDK, but it's truly annoying. "Helloooo, I think i can read 4 chapters for an exam. You don't HAVE to give me the questions."
Ok, so if school isn't keeping me busy you'd think A.S.A, my daughter, would. Nope, she's really good at playing by herself or watching TV or watching a show on the computer. I'll try to play with her, but she tells me to leave and continues to do whatever it was she was doing.
So, I literally have nothing to do. Yesterday I was going to my one of my aunt's house, but her husband basically, no wait, he told me flat out, NO. Then, I was going to go to the park, but got too lazy to drive 20 min with A.S.A. She HATES being the car for too long. I think it's the carseat buckles that annoy her. Finally, I opted in going to my other aunt's house. I stayed there for a bit, and ended up leaving with a fabulous Christmas toy for A.S.A. Yeah right, that toy is so annoying. It's two snowmen and when you press the button they sing something like this:
I'm gonna eat some candycanes
I'm gonna eat chocolate chips
and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS
of cookie dough.
I'm, gonna eat some cheese balls
I'm gonna eat some candycanes
and LOTs and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS...

Alright, you get the point. It drove me UP the wall last night. Well, I was thinking if only my mom lived here. I'd probably spend all day at her house. If my Mom lived here, life would be so much easier and a lot more eventful. She's my bestie, and it gets annoying when I need help or just want to laugh and their phone isn't working. (She lives in Nicaragua). 
Anyways, where was I going with all of this?
Oh yeah. Do you guys have any FREE solutions to my dilemma of boredom?

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Okay. #1: Ditch the singing snowmen. I mean seriously....throw them in a DITCH. Then cover them with DIRT. Let the next generation worry about them.
#2: Tone down the IQ. It's making everything too easy. You need to be less of a smarty-pants.
#3: Tell your daughter if she doesn't play with you for one hour a day, there's gonna be a power outage in the whole neighborhood for exactly one hour every day.

That shud do it.

KT said...

Very good advice, but...
#1 I could never do that. I'm anew mommie and just can't bring myself to throw away toys that interest her so much. BUT she got sick of the singing snowmen. So much so that when she catches me singing the song she basically tells me to shut up.
#2 I can't help my smartness. I don't know how to act dumn..hmmm, maybe I should take lessons from Jessica Simpson
#3 since she's barely 2 she doesn't understand my need. I tried to explain what you suggested to her and she proceed to turn on her heel and go to her toy box and play by herself WITH her back to me. I though children were supposed to your instant playmate.

Thanks for stopping by, as always. =D