Wednesday, November 4, 2009

bizarrely happy

too much has happened today, but weirdly I'm in an extremely good mood. I didn't get to run today, which sucked. My baby was sick, but was forced to go to school because I had assignments to turn in and I had to meet with my frat. I get home and she keeps getting high fevers (102-104.9!!!!). At that point (when she reached 104.9) we decided to take her to urgent care. Bleh, not fun. They were nice, and quick, but it was boring and it's not the same as seeing your own ped.
Ok, before I continue, S (my almost two year old) as an inexplicable fear for anything doctor related. She doesn't like hospitals, doctor offices, anything of the sort. Now, I've NEVER showed her fear or anxiety when going to the doctor or hospital, which is why her fear is inexplicable. Anyways, whenever we go see the doctor the first thing she does is give him a kiss, tell him she loves him, and says bye. I think that she thinks that by being nice he won't touch her. Unfortunately, that's never the case. =(
Well, while in urgent care every official that walked in to check her she would proceed to do what she does with the doctor.  even though she was kicking and screaming and almost biting those who had to touch her, their just melted when she would say bye. My daughter has CHARISMA! Maybe she'll be like Jasper from the Twilight Saga.
Well, that made me happy, because even though she was sick and feeling just plain awful she was still trying to be polite and sweet. It made me happy that she's such a trooper.
And right now as I'm typing she's trying so hard to get my attention. She keeps grabbing my hands and oputting them around her waist.
AHHH, ok I she's been impossibly, obnoxiously adorable with her shameless begging.
Good night!

4 comments:

kathryn said...

OMG! She sounds incredibly adorable! How could ppl not melt when she says "Bye" to them??

And how smart is she??

Is she feeling better? I hope so. I hated the high fevers....made me crazy. You've heard the rule of alternating advil w/tylenol, right? That was the only thing that worked w/da boys.

kathryn said...

YAY! No word verification!!!!!!!

KT said...

yeah i just learned that rule at the urgent care. She's incredibly smart...too smart.
Her fever is still on and off, but I'm starting the alternating thing today. Hopefully it works
YAY. I really did think i had it off. Well, now it is. just for Kathryn!

Tea said...

Boy... it is just going around. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE is getting it. And it's lasting 5-7 days. Hope she's feeling better sooner than most. It's hard to see your child sick. She is very sweet.