Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby"


Since my hubby and I have moved to Miami he's been considering in joining ONE of the military services. He jumps from one to another, but it's always been on his mind. Lately, he's been seriously considering the NAVY. Of course, when I say "he" it includes me. Anyways, I think it'd be great for him. He wouldn't enlist, he'd be an officer and would work within the civil engineering section. I think it'd be great for him because he'd be surrounded by people who like the same thing as he does. The NAVY has this section that's humanitarian and I know he'd be GREAT at that. The ONLY downfall I can think of is the time he'll be away, oh and that fact that he has to sell his soul to them for like 8 years. Other than that though it's a GREAT opportunity. Despite the fact that I might not be able to see him for months at a time, I'm really pushing for this, because I know life as we know it might actually be that much better. We'd finally be able to move out of Miami, we'd be able to have a more secure lifestyle for S, and this could also show me a sense of independence that I am lacking.
I know in the end that it's God's will. For some reason I feel that He would be happy with this decision and that my hubby joining the NAVY is a good thing. I feel like if this is the path we need to take as a family. Ultimately, it is my hubby who decides, and I hope he listens to not only his mind, but heart.

7 comments:

David said...

:) love you babe! thank you for always supporting me in everything!

KT said...

you know I tried to never mention your name to give you some anonymity, but there you go using it in here. jajaja. JK my love. I'll have your back, regardless of how hairy and pimply it is. JK. love you primo! jajaja

Unknown said...

"Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full..."

LOVE that movie! ;o)

Ok... you are an amazing wife. I can tell how much you love your husband and S.

May he (and you) be blessed with continued wisdom and support.

KT said...

Penny: YAY! you got the movie. =) I actually haven't seen it yet, but i know it well.
Thank you so much for that amazing compliment. I LOVE it when you stop by..

kelse said...

thanks love, he's using a really old pentax camera bought in a charity shop [by for his birthday actually!] for about 14$. Old cameras from the 70s and 80s are always the best x

kathryn said...

Wow...how exciting for you guys! Do you know where you would be living? You said you'd be moving out of Florida, right? Whatever you decide, it'll be awesome...as long as you're together, you'll be happy!

KT said...

Kathryn: I'm pretty excited for it. I REALLy hopin for San Diego, Cali or Alaska.... But honestly anything that is OUT of Florida is suh-wheat.