Saturday, November 21, 2009

my run

I've been telling myself everyday since 2 months ago that WILL wake up at 5:40 am and do some sort of exercise. I prefer running just because it's the easiest thing to do, but I didn't set my goal that high. All I wanted was to be out of bed and sweat just a little bit. I did just that for about 2 weeks. Then I got sick and had to stop. Then my ingrown toenail was practically unbearable. Then I was going to bed too late which means I wasn't going to wake up in the morning. Then....I don't know, OH! Then, I didn't like my running shoes because I have sneaky suspicion that they like Horace and his little son and wants them to come back. So, you see it hasn't really worked out for me this whole running thing. However, the other day while I was an interview for a lab I decided that if they take me on as a volunteer then I'll DE_DE_DEFINITELY wake up at 5:40 and go running. No excuses. Damn Horace and his offspring. Damn the the sore throat and cough I feel coming on. Damn how late I go to bed. Well, I didn't yesterday, but I did today. YAY!! Because I got the volunteer position at the lab. They don't take volunteers and I practically had to beg. It was almost pathetic how I was unashamedly selling myself and amplifying my "talents". So, since I got the "job", I'm going to stick to my word.
My alarm went of this morning at 5:40 in the morning. I stayed in bed debating whether I should go. I kept telling my body to wake, but do you know how hard it is to waken a 140 lbs sleeping body? My mind was  DEFINITELY awake, but my eyelids just didn't want to budge open. And every time I would pry them open with the powers of my mind, they would snap shut like a crocodile snapping it's mouth on an oblivious bird. Too graphic? Ok, how about, they would snap shut like a mouse trap catching a mouse. Still too graphic? Oh well, feeling a little morbid today.
Anyways, in the end I managed to get my arse up. I did so yoga for stretching purposes and then went to...walk. I ended up just walking My Grande Caramel Macchiato. BUT!!!! I did at least walk on tippy-toes, so technically I did do some kind of exercise. ;)
While out and about so early in the morning as the sun was rising I decided to be like Penny from Picture Imperfect (woo ho, I did the link thingy!). I whipped out my handy dandy CAMERA PHONE! I think some of the pictures are pretty amazing, but unless Penny says so then they're crap. No pressure, Penny.Oh, I put this first picture only because the moment Macchi saw he freaked and started running away from it.


So, I've established I have two fetishes when it comes to taking pictues. I love love LOVE white washed anything. And I love sun rising water settings. I tried do a Penny and making small things look big, but I don't think it worked. 
Have a Scrumptiously Super Saturday!

10 comments:

Spot said...

Walking, even not on tip-toes, is exercise. And don't you dare say it's not or there will be war! Lol. I love the pictures of your dog. He is an absolute cutie! But I could have done without the last picture because I have this insane fear of scarecrows. But it's okay because I went back and looked at the dog again to cleanse my vision!

I'm never getting up that early to exercise. Ever. But I'm totally proud of you...
♥Spot

KT said...

Spot: Ok. You're right, I agree. Walking is exercise (shifty eyes, and doing the "curling hair, brushing teeth" motion)
He's not a scarecrow, his name is Jedidiah and he helps me scare away predators. Ok, so I guess he is a scarecrow, but of the good variety, I promise. BUT, next time I won't put him, scout's honor.
Thank you, at least someone's proud of me. My hubby just laughed when he saw me come back from my "run" because I hit the bed like 2 TONS of bricks.

David said...

hey don't be so hard one yourself! it was more like 1.5 tons... =)

Natalie said...

I thought of you this morning! I went for a "run" with my dog. I ran about 1/4 of a mile and had to stop and walk. I heard somewhere (whether it is of any subtance or not, I am not sure..) that run/walking is better for you. Maybe I am just saying that to make myself feel better right now!

In my opinion, so long as you are out moving, you are doing something!

And your doggie is super cute!

KT said...

serendipitous: you are actually right. the trick is to run and then walk. but you're supposed to increase the amount of time you are running little by little. for example, on the first day you can run for about 2 min, then walk 2 min. and then you run again for 2.30 and walk 1.30....get what i mean? as time goes by you'll be able to just run and not stop, which is your goal in the run/walk training. This method is usually used by people who are training for marathons. It builds endurance and speed.
Yeah, i love my doggie. He's definitely the best.

kathryn said...

Oh, the photos are awesome! I especially love the sunrise over water one...and your pooch (the DOG!) is adorable.

I'm missing something, though...the first photo of the shopping cart in the middle of the island? WTH??

I'm totally with Spot on this one...walking in ANY form is exercise and the only exercise I'll do before 6am is...breathe.

KT said...

Kathryn: IDK, he just saw it and started whimpering and tried to runaway from it. He was starting to scare me, so I runaway with him. =P .... Well, if you're still sleeping at that time then you're burning more calories than if you were awake and just breathing.

Unknown said...

LMAO... you crack me up.

No pressure eh? Well it just so happens that I am impressed by your shots!

My favorites are #4 (the second reflection shot): WOW! I love the way the sun is peaking through and the water is so calm! And... #13 (Macchi sniffing the feather) because I really like the perspective you took on this one. Macchi is such a sweetie!

#14 is awesome too - I love taking pictures of Jimmy sitting and looking at me all lovey and stuff. :o)

Hope you're having an awesome Monday - thank you for the shoutout and I'm so flattered to be considered an inspiration. ;o)

KT said...

Penny, OMG, you did the Canadian "eh"...sorry, maybe it's not funny, but your "eh" is kinda of like my Cuban, "y tu sabes"....I ALWAYS say that, even in English except it almost always sounds like one word, "knowwhatimean"...jajaja. so random i know.
I'm glad you liked my picture. If only real camera was working better. I by accidentally, seriously non-intentionally....sat on it. (Yes, you can laugh). So, the screen is embarrassingly cracked and I can't see anything. #4 was my favorite too. And I actually got Macchi to sit and pose for that one. The transaction went like this, "Macchi...SIT!, ok, stay...stay stay stay (took picture) stay. good boy! who's a good boy?!"

Unknown said...

LMAO... yes I did the Canadian eh. It is funny, I don't mind at all when people point that out to me. I say it All. The. Time!!! ;o)

I never sat on a cell phone but I've wrecked my share (and probably your share too come to think of it) of sunglasses that way.... OOPS!