Tuesday, August 25, 2009

62 cupckaes!


Today was perfectly, wonderfully, stupendously, and curiously splendorous. Not much happened today, really, but it was one of my favorite days. Better than the days I spent in key west. I woke up to the wonderful (HA, yeah right) sound of my baby crying from, probably, a nightmare. I smacked my wonderful hubby across the chest to get her and bring to me on the bed. He changed her diaper (yeah, I trained him right) and cradled her next to me. For a whole hour I tried convincing her to just go "nunu", but she would just repeat, "NUNU, No no no no. No nunu". After a while to started begging for some chichita. When my husband was about to leave I told him to take her downstairs and prepare her milk. And of course, he obligingly did so without a complaint. The morning was truly a typical morning, with the typical "I want your attention" crying, and "let's harass poor Macchi" laugh. At around 10 I put her in her crib with her much beloved chichita and disney channel (the greatest babysitter BTW). I was going to nap, but I was too busy looking up blogs and then my favorite cousin, COCONUT HEAD, called and said he was coming over.
He doesn't even ask now, it's just a "Hey you home? Aight, I'm almost there". like, did he ever hear of common courtesy, even if it means nothing? No, just kidding. I love it when people invite themselves over. I hate being asked, it makes me feel like a with, but with a B. IDK, I know I'm crazy.
ANYWAYS, after my baby woke up (almost 3 hours later) we headed over to my absolute fav "fast food" restaurant, PANERA! Yeah, I know, I had Panera yesterday, but I couldn't resist the opportunity when Mimi threw away what I was going to have for lunch. It was a mission, let me tell you, to pretend I could totally handle getting our lunch and sitting us somewhere. All it took really was her cuteness and my obliviousness, and trust worthiness. I actually left my bag, sorda unattended, while I got out soups. AND I let her follow me to our table like a cute little puppy. It was totally endearing having her follow behind and then ducking under my arms to get on the booth before me. Yeah, so my heart melted, but I'm sure yours would've as well. I started to pour Pepsi in her sippie, and she about broke out in dance in front of everyone. I don't think she's my daughter, she's not embarrassed by anything, and she is just so friendly! Well, some people next to us saw her and started to laugh, she stopped in the middle of her dance to look towards them. and what does she do? She waves and says, in her very cute soprano voice that only a little child can pull off, "Hi!". There hearts melted at that moment and they said "Hi", just as enthusiastically back to her. I swear I think that child can stop a war if I put her in the middle of it; which of course I never would.
After our little, mama-daughter lunch we headed over to Publix, because guess what we ran out of? CHICHITA!!! We got home and immediately shredded our black converse sneakers off, socks and all, and truly relaxed watching TV next to each other. Well, She was more or less laying on top of me and I was trying to watch something other than the Disney channel while we fought over the RC. This is when I decided to have a photo shoot of her trying to get the things while still on top of me. It's like a game for her: what can I do while I'm still sitting or laying on top of my Mama. I love this game, especially today.
After our little photo sesh, I helped Mimi make 62 cupcakes. Yeah! 62 cupcakes! While baking I was also cooking dinner. Then, like who knows how many hours later, we went upstairs to play in her room. While I was putting close away, and tidying up the upstairs stairs for the end of the day; she was following me untidying the upstairs for the end of the day. even though she was having a blast while doing I knew she would crask soon. So, I started to get her bath and she beings screaming, "AGUA! AGUA! AGUA!" It's like a chant she has to say before stepping into the tub. Like if she's praying to tub god of Miami to bless her with a glorious bath. Lucky for her, it always is one.
Now my favorite part of the whole day! I finish dressing her and she runs to me and embraces me in one of those littly baby hugs, that only your child can give and wraps her legs around me. We say "Buh-bye" to Mimi and Macchi (kisses and all). Before her I put her in the crib I ask for my kiss and she looks at me and kisses me while giving me a quick hug. I lay her down, give her the beloved chichita, lay her pink dog next to her and cover her (upon her request).
I hope and pray and beg that days like this will never end. even when I'm 60 and she's 40, I still hope she'll ask for chichita and give me those very special hugs.

No comments: