Saturday, August 22, 2009

a little story

On the outskirts of the unknown walks a girl with golden hair and eyes that shine like the sun. She stares up to the clouds, when she stumbles onto a dock. She looks around and notices that it belongs to no one, but the universe. She decides to lay on the dock and appreciate the gentle music of the blue/green water lapping at the wooden columns below, the soft gossiping between two birds, and breeze pushing the clouds through the sky. The longer she lies there, the more she feel one with the Universe. As if she has always done it, longer than she can remember. I guess Jung had it right, she thought, maybe we do pass on more other than physical genes. Maybe we pass on thoughts and memories as well.
The girl just laid there starring up at the clouds making shapes that weren't really there, when all of a sudden a shadow forms over. She shields her eyes because the lack of sun hurt more than the sun shining on her. She got up and turned around and she saw Him. She didn't know what to do, but as a typical girl she clasped her hand to her mouth and gasped. "Don't be afraid," He said, "It's alright, I just wanted to know if I could join you and admire this untouched beauty as well." the girl couldn't help but stare and after some time of the two of them just starring at each other she stammered, "S-s-s-s-s-s-sure". He motioned for her to lie back down, and after she did, he followed suit lying down right next to her.
The girl was very, extremely, terribly nervous and she just wanted to cry from how stupid she was being. She glanced a peek to her right, where He was lying, and drew up courage from how peaceful He looked. She let out a noisy exhale, adjusted herself to be more comfortable, and continued doing what she was doing, and enjoyed the moment of lying next to Him.
"Have you been Kira?" He asked as he turned his head towards the girl.
She started at Him trying to find her resolve and drawing up more of the courage as she had earlier, "Ok, I guess. I'm just trying to enjoy the peacefulness of right now."
"I understand what you mean. I came here for the same reason as well."
She had nothing to reply to that so she didn't say anything. She continued to stare at Him, however, and wondered why he was here.
"I'm here, Kira, because I sensed you needed a companion right now. I understand you've had a lot of weight on your shoulders and I thought maybe you'd like to talk."
That last sentence definitely started the girl's wheels turning and she responsed without thinking, "Of course I have a lot of weight on my shoulders. I have a 2 year old baby, married, and am just about to finish getting my bachelor's degree, and I just turned 21. on top of everything, I still want another baby, but I know no one will a prrove and it'll be like having the first one all over again. Of course I have a lot of weight on my shoulders."
"Is there anything else?" he asked slightly amused.
"Yeah, I wish I could do so much more. even though I have lots to do I feel like it's not enough. I want to do more. But what can I do that doesn't involve money? How can I help people, and animals, and plants and the universe, if I don;t ahve mney to spare? I can't put myself last because then I'll resent that later on." she cried out and looked as if she were about to faint. How can I speak to Him this way? I must be losing it!
He laughed a good hearty laugh and said, "You are losing it, Kira, I promise you that. I believe you are in the right state of mind. It does seem a litte unfair that you have such a bump in your world. I know that you can do great things. But..."
"Yeah, but, " she interrupted, "I would've never done if she weren't part of my life. I would've slacked and so on." She responded lazily.
He frowned and wait for her to continue. She looked abashed and quietly said, "I'm sorry. Please go on."
He stared away from her and looked at the clouds for a few moments and said while turning back to her, "I think, Kira, that you know what to do. All you need is to find it in yourself to be truly happy. i don't like seeing you this way, but it does make me somewhat happy to know that it's not entirely for selfish reasons. Now," He stared at her full on, and was blushing somewhat, "May I be just a little selfish and ask something of you."
"Sure, anything. I love it when you ask direct things. It makes life so much easier."
He smiled a genuine smile that shone just as brightly as the sun, "Will you please find more time for Me. Even if it's for just a few extra minutes. I miss the talks with used to have."
The girl looked up towards the clouds to avoid His sincere, piercing stare and began to cry. She felt His fingers on her cheeks to brush away the tears and she just nodded. Silently agreeing to fulfill that promise knowing He would hear it. After some time she looked back towards Him and found He wasn't there. She could still feel where His fingers had been on her cheeks, but she knew He would never permanently leave. "I promise I will do everything I can do make me happy and to make You proud in calling me Your daughter."

3 comments:

Valeria said...

haha we would be the two people of our family to have blogs :) i really love this story kattie, your a really talented writer. hehe im looking forward to read your daily posts!
xoxo,
valeria

KT said...

wow, you've had a blog for a while. You're a really good writer. Have you thought about journalism?
How funny that we have our blogs in the same place. Can't wait to read more of yours. =)

Valeria said...

thanks! lol and i actually have, im on newspaper/yearbook staff this year, haha so let's see how everything turns out
ohh and to leave comments on my blog its right under the post...they are called dreamy thoughts.
Hope we continue to have lunches together, like the one spent this afternoon!
love you <3