Monday, August 17, 2009

reading vampire stories again

I have read several vampire series' and none of them are truly that good. I mean Twilight was good, because it had an amazing plot and the character was EXTREMELY relate-able, but Meyer's writing style wasn't too great. I've read the Black Dagger Brotherhood and I only need to say two words on that series: romance novel. I have also read the Sookie Stackhouse series, and those books were actually pretty good. Charlaine Harris is a good writer, but to be fair I didn't actually read those books, I heard them on audio tapes. Right now I am reading Vampire Diaries by Smith. It's not bad, but it's not great. Her sentence structure, grammar, even spelling is just so off. She had a really bad editor, for he/she to not pick up on a lot of obvious things.
I am about to finish the first book out of the 5 and I;m not impressed. Yes, I can't put the book down; but it;s only because it's so similar to Twilight. Unfortunately, I am sucker for Twilight and anything related to it. EXCEPT for the movies.

2 comments:

gabbie.m said...

Have you tried reading Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead?

KT said...

no, i havent read it yet. is it good?