Tuesday, August 18, 2009

As I mentioned in my previous post I have started reading, yet, another vampire series. It's called Vampire Diaries. sadly it isn't written very well, but man does this woman know how to create a plot. She separated her story into 5 books (as far i know), but the books are exceedingly short. Each book is 130 pages or less. I think this is what makes it so good. And also the fact that she has no real pragraphs, everything is divided into 3 sentences or less, and there's a lot of dialogue. It's funny how simply the appearance of a book, and I don't mean the cover, can make you want to read more. I think this is the reason why I hadn;t liked Seven Loves. The structure and the way she divided paragraphs was too formal. You can tell she learned to write somewhere and she was taking grammatical rules to heart. This Smith woman did not learn to write...I think. There's a difference when you major in literature in college and when you major in journalism or something related to it. Funny enough, a lot of the good writers, are the ones who majored in Literature. They know the written word more than anyone, because, well....they've read so many books, how could they not know what it takes to write a good book? I feel sorry for those hopeful writers who study journalism or something along those lines, when they need to stay home adn just read. READ, READ, READ...and probably listen to music.
It;s a wonder what music can do to one's soul and mind. Right now amd I listening to the Disney channel through the monitor. It's a very comforting sound i can tell. When all I hear is the TV it's because my daughter has finally decided that it is time for her to sleep.
I registered her for daycare last Friday. That was painful. she's not in daycare yet (her first day is the 24th), but I'm already dreading at the fact that I have to leave her in someone else's capable hands. You know what the wrost part is? i know she's going to do fine and she's not even going to miss, and she probably won't resent me in years to come for this. But, the worst part? I feel as if she won't need me anymore. I feel as if she'll like going to the day care more than just spending time with me. At some points I feel like a failure for not being able to find night classes; but, unfortunately, as my last year I had no choice in what classes to choose. Of course all of those classes are doing the day.
I'm also afraid that she's going to get that much older too quickly. She's already mature for her age. No, she doesn't speak coherently yet, but she knows things. And she understands so much; too much.
BTW it's 11:11, make a wish!

No comments: