Saturday, August 15, 2009

time traverl's wife by A. Niffenegger

First, I want to say sorry for not checking my spelling before submitting. It was late last night and I was just getting started.
I'm not actually reading Time Traveler's Wife, but I did watch the movie yesterday and I did read the book before. Good book, obviously. The movie? Not so bad. There are, of course, many details that were not incorporated, and they did change a few things, but overall...pretty good. It stuck to the story line, and the director successfully switch POV's just like in the book. i went with one of my girlfriends since she also read the book, and of course we cried like babies. the funny thing was that since we knew what was going to happen we were crying or laughing way before the appropriate time.
I like this book a lot, because it helps understand that the time I have with my husband and family is limited. Time also, is insubstantial. It's something we depend on, but it's not something that truly exists. in other words, it exists, because we make it exist.

1 comment:

katy said...

I loved this book, and felt the same as you about the movie: over all, not too bad! My hubby and I both cried, too!!