Friday, December 18, 2009

1 more day!

You would think this post would be FULL of excitement and anticipation because I'm going to Nicaragua tomorrow. But no. This one is not a happy one. I didn't want to think about it before, because you know how you believe if you don't thin about it than it won't happen? Well, that was my mindset. But today is the day and it's happening.
The hubby and I couldn't find anybody who would be willing to take care of my grand caramel macchiato. I mean there were people who would do it, but there was always a but or they couldn't do it for the whole time or they couldn't come here to my house, etc. Anyways, due to this the hubby and I decided a kennel was best. Before you start calling me crazy it's not really a kennel it's more like a doggie daycare. And it's on a farm in Davie, FL and all the little pups have plenty of room to run around and they each get their own room. I mean, it's actually pretty great. And if I was there with him the whole time he'd probably LOVE it. but I won't be there and he's probably going to think I abandoned him, which is so not the case. In the long run this decision was better because all the people who might've taken care of him would only come to take him out and feed him. He'd have no interaction with anyone. He wouldn't sleep in my room, under my bed, or snuggled up to me. He wouldn't crawl out of bed and jump on me and kiss me to death.
Yeah, he won't do things at the kennel daycare. But, it's ok, because at least he'll have people giving him affection (I hope) and dogs like him to play with.
What's worse is that when I get back the 2nd I only get to enjoy him for a day and then school start. And I'll be out almost ALL day long. Will he think I'm abandoning him again?
I cried like a baby last night thinking that it was his last night with us.........

SEVERAL HOURS LATER......

So I postponed typing out this blog because I had to drop of Macchi at the kennel (sniff sniff) then when I came how i was busy cleaning ALL day. Finally when I was done cleaning I had to pack.
ok, I don't think any of you can imagine how much I had to pack. It was just SO much. There's so much that we're taking for others that we had to sacrifice our clothing and S's Christmas presents. Let's just say that the hubby and I are probably going to be wearing the same shirts over and over again, and Santa was only able to pack ONE gift. Yeah, it was pretty bad.
Well, it's 10:34 here and I'm dying of sleep, because of course S decided to party ALL night last night. Oh and that child can seriously party all night, I'm not exaggerating.
So, even though I'm pretty excited about tomorrow I'm still too upset about Macchi, (BTW S cried like if i was killing her when the Kennel people took him away, which of course made me cry), about the whole cleaning the ENTIRE house bacause the hubby's brother and wifey are staying here, and the whole packing and re-packing and sacrificing OUR stuff situation.
I know Nicaragua will still be a blast. And don't worry I'll take TONES of pictures and show them to you guys. And I know that S is going to have so much fun with her aunt and uncle. But right now, I seriously need a nice hot shower (because can you believe I didn't have time for that either?) a manicure, and a good night's sleep.
When I see you again I'll be in Nicaragua. WOO HOO......

P.S: (I know this isn't a letter, but whatever) Remember I might not be able to read anyone's blog so please check back at all your posts in 2 weeks when I've commented on them.
=)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we did not mean to sacrifice YOUR stuff...e could of also asked nora to bring stuff. you never said that yu did not have any room....

kathryn said...

Aw...I know leaving little puppy was rough on you...but he'll recover, as will you.

It'll be like it never happened and you'll give him lots of extra love on the flip side.

Have FUN. (That's an order.)

Unknown said...

Aw... don't worry too much about Macchi. I'm sure he'll be fine, the little cutie.

Enjoy your trip... see you when you get back!

KT said...

Anonymous: hmmm...i wonder who you could be.....and you didn´t trouble me at all. just let me rant a little.

Kathryn: I know, but it was. and this whole time i've been thinking about how he's doing.

Penny: ugh, if only i can stop worrying. but since i'm a mom that's near impossible...but i'm having fun at least...and i'm getting to spend time with my very first baby, Lady Narcisus the cocker spaniel. she's adorable.