Wednesday, December 16, 2009

deep breath in...deeep breath out




I really don't know how one person can contain so much excitement, happiness and energy. I mean, seriously...how am I supposed to live these next 3 days without peeing in my pants of excitement every 5 minutes? I've been packing and re-packing all 4 luggages over and over again. I keep rearranging what I'm going to wear Saturday. I keep taking things out of places and putting them in the bag I'm going to carry. 
It's like the closer I get to leaving the more I'm talking to some people from class. The excitement I'm feeling is palpable ALL over facebook amongst my friends. My graduating class only had 31 people. And it seems as if EVERYONE is going to be in Nica this Christmas break. Almost all of us are graduating in April, 1 of us is graduating now (CONGRATS HELENE!), and a few os us are graduating next school year. So you can imagine how excited we all are because even after 4 years and living away from each other and barely seeing one another during breaks we still kept in contact and we're all going to see each other right now. 
The hubby and I are planning on making up for the last two years of being responsible and "party like a rock star" (name the song). Anyways, we haven't really been out dancing in a while. The other night (you know, my drunken post) was the first time in 2 years where we were actually at a club with dancing. Yeah, we've been to bars, or restaurants that turn into bars at night, but nothing beats dancing while you're a little tipsy. I'm going to have to assume that high is a lot better than a drug-induced one (never taken drugs, so wouldn't know the true comparison). 
Sigh, I'm just so excited. I either eat too much or eat nothing at all since 2 weeks ago. I try writing in my journal or continuing my book, but I can’t keep my hand from fidgeting. I've been playing super old songs that we used to dance to in high school. I've been reading my diaries and the mess we used to get into. Yes, I know, I'm torturing myself, but I can't help it.
I don't think you guys can understand this emotion I'm feeling. It's so bad, it's starting to hurt. But in a good way. I LOVE it. I'm just excited that I even dreamt of my high school last night. UGH! I wish I could bring you along with me so that you can see the awesomeness of Nicaragua. 
I want you all to swear that of any of you are planning on going to Nicaragua you will let me know so that I can go at the same time and show you all the great places. The zip-lining, the cliff-diving (only did it once), the virgin beaches, the lakes, the volcanoes, the scorching towns, the people, La Gigantona (jajajaja), OMG and the food. My goodness the food. Yes, I'm still going to be at least vegetarian while there, but there's still SO much delicious, fattening, yumminess of food. Quesillos, platanitos, tostones, GALLOPINTO, coffee, , YUM!!! My mouth is watering!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

mine too!!! Quiero quesillo!!!!

KT said...

te traigo uno tonces. =P

kathryn said...

WOW! You're right...your excitement is palpable!

I'm so happy for you, sweetie! And where will the bambino be during all this "tipsy dancing"??

KT said...

Kathryn: with my mom of course. I mean, what's the use of keeping her around...jajajaja, just kidding. But I've already told my parents that I am going to be making up for 3 years. They know. And if not my little sis understands and she's more than happy to babysit for me.