Monday, December 7, 2009

the product of not studying and feel creatively frustrated! I need a release!

Yeah, long title...well too bad. *sticks out tongue*....just kidding. I LOVE you my now 14 followers. I just want you guys to know how much i appreciate you following me. Anyways, I'm in the middle of finals and hating it. I'm not a crammer I'm a learner. So, I hate having to cram for finals at the end. I rarely do it, but i totally slacked this semester so now i have to cram. bleh.
Here's a poem i wrote instead of studying. This did not happen to me, so don't worry. But the pain that the girl is feeling is similar to what I'm feeling, but for different reasons. BTW i hardly ever write poems or short stories directly about me...i usually just use the same emotion. Just a little tidbit about me. Enjoy the wonderfully morbid poem. =)

Torment

The torment I feel as I walk towards you
envelopes the whole of my heart.
I grip my throat in agonizing gasps
trying to force my lips to part.

“Don’t go!” the words fly out of my mouth.
He turns just to shake his head,
I grip onto air as he walks away.
“Please. I take back what I said”

My world ended the moment his back disappeared.
The music I hear is the sound of the shutting elevator
the sobs of my throat begging for him
my nails in my skin digging a crater.

“Don’t go!” the whisper flows around my head
I lay motionless on the floor he stepped on.
“Please” I hear myself beg,
Silence is his song.

I look back onto that torment,
I see the ghost of the girl I’m no longer.
“Don’t go!” I hear her say
I look back onto that torment and ponder.

“Don’t go” I hear her whisper again.
I turn to look at her as I walk towards the elevators
“I won’t” I respond mournfully
for I know I’m my heart’s own traitor.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice poem, I am reading loss and reconciliation within the poem. Very nice. Hope studying is going well. Good Luck on your exams.

KT said...

WannabeVirginia W.: You're right about the loss. I'm not sure about the reconciliation part. When I wrote it, it was more of a defeat. Like the writer knows her faults but sadly can't do anything about it, except accept it. Which could be the first step of reconciliation.
Studying, btw, is a no-show. It seems as if she doesn't want to make an appearance. So, I'll just wing it. Luckily my last two finals are online. ;)

Natalie said...

Nice poem! Cramming always seems like a good idea when you don't want to study! Good luck!!

KT said...

Thanks! i didn't even cram. I totally slacked and went into ALL my finals blind. But, it all turned out fine, so I'm not worried.